Finding the right foundations and BB creams when you have oily skin can be so difficult and such a pain in the @$$!!!! Especially when you do not have the money to buy things to have them not work for you! Drugstore items can not be tested out in the store so, that makes it even harder to find what will fit you best before purchasing! So, I put together a bunch of both foundations and BB creams that I use and that work amazingly for me! I have mostly drug store and one high end of each category! I hope this will help you!
1. Covergirl & Olay Facelift Effect Firming Foundation- This foundation was a scary buy for me because it is actually quite expensive for drug store. It retails at $17.99 which is double what most drugstore foundation cost. This foundation is supposedly not only going to give you flawless skin but, it has also has an Olay night cream in it as well that is suppose to give you a firmer look to your skin instantly. It has concentrated vitamins in it to give all day hydration. They say after two weeks of continued use, you will see firmer skin. This foundation line does not have many color ranges. It is almost like a BB cream in that sense and has 4 shades to choose from ( Fair310/ Light330/ LightMeduim340/ Meduim350). I got the Light Medium and it worked perfectly for my skin tone but, anyone with a dark complexion may find it hard to get a color that fits them. My only true issue with this product is it has a funny smell to it. It does not stay on the skin though once applied.
2. Revlon Color Stay Foundation- This product is one of my holy grails! For a drugstore foundation, it just does not get any better than this right here. If you have oily skin, make sure to grab the bottle marked "combination/ oily skin". This foundation retails for $8.99 at Target. It has AMAZING coverage and works so well with my oily skin. I find myself grabbing for it all the time. It has time release technology within it so it will last all day.In the oily line they have 20 different shades to pick from so they have colors for everyone! This is a foundation I would definitely recommend to anyone.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation- This is my second favorite foundation. I have talked about this over and over.It retails for $4.97 at Walmart so it is really cheap for a foundation. It has a feather light feel to it and it blends amazingly. If I am in need or seriously full coverage, this is my go-to product. It has all day shine control and leaves your face so soft! The best thing about it is it doesnt leave you feeling greasy or pasty. They have 8 shades available which is not a lot but they cover from light to dark ranges and even yellow to pink undertones.
4. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation- This is a new product for me and an absolute MUST to have in your collection. Just like the Revlon ColorStay, this product is down right perfection. I used it once and fell right in love. This retails for $5.60 at Target but can range anywhere between $5-11 in other places. They have 14 shades in the line so its easy to find a color to match your skin tone. This foundation is a 3 in 1 formula. It has a primer, concealer, and foundation all together. Its amazing on sensitive or acne prone skin. It keeps my face flawless all day and I never got oily or shiny throughout the day. This is a complete full coverage foundation and rivals most high end foundations.
5. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation- This product is new to the market. It retails for anywhere between $5-8 depending on the store. They have a "Normal to Oily" formula and a "Normal to Dry" formula. This is a shade true, gel liquid that allows your skin to breath all day and gives you flawless skin. It has 18 shades in the line so it makes it very easy to find one that will fit your skin tone. It has no oils or wax in the formula and has a light to medium coverage. They came out with new shades just for women of color and it contains a 5-D pigment technology to balance your skins authentic skin tones. This foundation is a definite hit and a must try!
6. Japonesque Foundation- This foundation may not fit with the others. Not only is it a high end foundation but, its also a luminous foundation which does not usually work for us oily folks. This foundation retails for $36.00 at Ulta. The line has 10 shades but, you have the choice to sample them in store before purchasing. They do not have names they are just called SHADE 1-10. I was hesitant because I have oily skin to try this out but i did in the store on my hand and it completely hid every wrinkle i had on my hand. So, I had to grab it. When I am not looking for a completely matte formula, this is my go to product. It has AMAZING coverage and is buildable. It has the coverage to even cover up my freckles but its also easy to blend and not thick like most full coverage foundations. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
1. Maybelline Dream Fresh- This was my first BB cream I ever used and what sold me on loving them! I was late on the BB train because I am a full coverage person. I tried this out and cant live without it since! It retails for $6.29 at Target. You can get the normal one or an acne prone kind as well. It has an 8 in 1 skin perfecting formula. It not only brightens your skin, but it also blurs imperfections and evens your skin tone with a sheer formula. It also has an SPF in it of 30. Its amazing for the summer days when you need that coverage and protection without the thick formula of a foundation. This is a definite must have!
2. Physicians Formula Argan Wear - This is a new BB cream to recently come out and I got it from an amazing friend on YouTube. It retails for $14.95. It is a bit expensive for drug store, but completely worth it! This BB cream with be a staple in my collection! In my opinion is it more like a foundation (coverage wise) but light like a BB cream. It has an amazing smell to it and has an SPF of 30. It contains 100% pure Argan Oil which is considered liquid gold for the skin! It is not greasy or heavy and leaves your skin flawless! When I want to wear a BB cream but need the coverage of a foundation, this is my go to product! Its a definite must try!
3. Lioele- This is a high end BB cream that retails for $29.00 but you can get it on Amazon for $14 with free shipping. The price may be crazy but the product is not!! This BB cream is amazing!! Its bisabolol, licorice acid derivatives, and allantoin component soothe your skin and jojoba oil, macademia nut oil, hyauronic acid derivatives, and marin collagen make your skin moisture and smooth. It has an SPF of 30 with a triple solution that makes your skin flawless! Not only is it an amazing product but the packaging is so cute!
I hope this helped you all on your journey of finding the perfect foundation/BB cream for you! If you have any questions leave me a comment or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Im happy to answer any questions you may have!
For more of ME, check out my links to my other social medias and YouTube channel at the top of the page!
I'm a 31 yr old stay at home mother who loves anything beauty related. I'm down to earth and love making new friends! Come, stay a while and chat with me! Comments are SO welcome!