High end makeup is always fun to own but, not all of us have budgets friendly enough to afford such pricey makeup items. Some people just want the cheapest thing because pricey makeup does not matter to them! In the end, we all want the best bang for our buck and if we can get that at drug store prices or lower, why not!?
I wanted to share with you all the budget friendly makeup items I have found and love! Some of them are better than high end and some will do amazingly well in a pinch! Click the Read More button to find out!
Starting off with Foundations:
1. CoverGirl 3 in 1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation: This foundation is a full coverage that is both oily skin and dry skin friendly! It doesn't oxidize on the skin and leaves your skin looking flawless! It is a shine free formula that gives all day flawless coverage! It is definitely one of my favorites! ($11.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/12ef/
2. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: This foundation is a god send to oily skin folks! Do not fret my dry skin friends, they have a Dewy version as well for dry skin! The coverage is medium to full coverage and i really like the way it makes my skin look. The matte version keeps my skin matte all day and doesn't break apart on me throughout the day. I'm not sure it does much for my pores but, I love the coverage so much, it doesn't matter to me. (I also use a great pore filler!) ($7.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/5571/
3. Revlon Color Stay Foundation: This was my favorite foundation last year for good reason! This full coverage foundation fits most skin types and stands up to most high end foundations as well! It wear time is 24 hours and it has a very light weight feel with full coverage. They have formulas for oily skin and for dry skin so make sure you get the right kind for your needs! ($12.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/dcd/
4. Maybelline Better Skin Foundation: This was a newer foundation for the year 2015. People weren't sure what to make of it but, I fell head over heels for it! I'm not really sure the "better skin" claim is completely true but, I love the coverage which is a medium to full coverage. It has Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen in it and ACTYL C and its oil free! ($11.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/9e2e/
Moving on to Concealers:
1. Maybelline Better Skin Concealer: Much like the foundation, I LOVE this concealer. I use it before I apply my foundation to correct the redness of my under eyes. It's very easy to use and blend. You can also use a tone lighter than your skin tone on top of your foundation to brighten your under eyes up! ($8.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/9e2f/
2. NYX HD Concealer: I use this concealer for a brightening under eye concealer but, it can be used for any concealing uses you may need! It's a high definition, mineral enriched formula without talc or parabens! ($4.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/14fd/
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This is my every day concealer and I have repurchased it many times! It holds strong against similar high end concealers! The coverage is amazing and it does not crease on me at all! Its super smooth and very easy to blend out! ($6.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/144e7/
4. Hard Candy Glamoflauge: This concealer wont be for everyone but, it is a SUPER full coverage so, if you have dark under eye bags, this will be the love of your life! It is comparable to the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer only SO much cheaper! It is great for spot concealing as well! ($6.00) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/e86/
Next is Face Powders:
1. Sonia Kashuk Brightening Powder: This powder is part of my Holy Grail collection ever since I first used it almost a year ago! This is the loose version not the pressed version. Im sorry to say I cant seem to find it online but, I do get mine at my local Target. This powder is what I set my under eye concealer with! It brightens my under eye up and leaves my under eyes feeling silky and smooth without creasing all day! ($12.99)
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder: This is a Holy Grail for many people! This is by far one of the best and cheapest powder for setting your foundation with! You can get it in transparent or in your skin tone! I have repurchased many of these and they are definitely worth having in your collection! ($4.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/a73/
3. Milani Multi Tasker Face Powder: This is my favorite face powder of all time! I absolutely love the lace press on the powder but, most of all, I love setting my foundation with this powder. It gives you such a flawless coverage and makes your skin look doll like and smooth! Its a multi purpose powder that can be used for setting, blotting, or as a finishing powder. ($5.97) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/12478/
4. NYX HD Finishing Powder: I've had a love hate relationship with this powder that recently turned into a full on love relationship! I have mine in the banana color and I use it as a brightener for my under eye. It works amazing on a lot of skin tones! You have to be careful because this powder can get cakey quickly but, used properly, it is amazing! ($9.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/6c52/
Next is my favorite!! Blushes!!
1. Milani Rose Blushes: These blushes are so completely beautiful! They are pressed like a rose and come a few different shades. They have really good pigmentation but, they do need to be re-applied if worn longer than 3-4 hrs. They are an ultra silky powder that delivers the perfect amount of color and easily blends on the cheeks! ($8.19) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/1291b/
2. Milani Baked Blushes: I use these blushes more in the summer because they have an intense shimmer and some glitter in them. With a tan, they look so beautiful! You can use them dry or wet to intensify the pigmentation. These blushes shape, contour, and highlight all areas of your face! ($6.97) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/10d0/
3. NYX Blushes: There are twelve shades in this range and I love them all! NYX blushes are easy to use and highly pigmented! You can get them with shimmer, matte, and a lot more! When I don't know what blush to use, I always go to my NYX blushe! ($6.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/67de/
4. Jordana Blushes: Jordana blushes are a gift from the Gods! Haha! I love the packaging and the blushes themselves are beautiful and so pigmented and easy to use! They last all day and stand up to some of my higher end blushes as well! Jordana is an amazing brand for so many makeup items at super cheap prices! ($2.49) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/144f0/
5. Essence Blush Up Blush: This is a newer brand to me that can have a TON of misses but the hits are AMAZING! The Blush Up blushes are amazingly pigmented and last all day! ($3.99) Can be found at Ulta and other drug stores
Let's do Highlighters!
1. Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki: Now, i know this says Bronzer but, dont let that fool you! The drugstore has a way of naming highlighters bronzers! This baked bronzer has been my all over face/body highlighter for years! It gives the best "Glow From Within" look and last forever! ($9.00) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/6001/
2. L'Oreal True Match Lumi: Not many people ended up liking this highlighter but, I did! It gives a beautiful highlight to the cheeks and any where else you want to use it! It also comes with a mirror and brush! It can be used to open the eyes, create symmetry, or define the face! ($12.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/9ed2/
3. Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana: This is another "bronzer" that truly is more a highlight than anything! It is SO beautiful but, very light on pigmentation. It really gives you that glow from within and has more products than most other powders. ($3.99) I get mine at 5 and Below!
4. NYX Illuminator in Ritualistic: This highlighter reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal True Match Lumi highlighter. It is a frosty beautiful highlight for the cheeks! Its really pigmented and stays on all day! They have a few colors to choose from that are just as beautiful! ($8.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/17b9/
5. Colour Pop Highlighters: I have three of the many highlighters in their collection. Now, they are not "drugstore" because you can only get them online but, their prices are very affordable and they definitely deserve a mention. They are creme products and they are super pigmented! I like to apply them as a base and apply powder highlight on top of them for a highlight that they could see in space! Using them alone is just as amazing as well! ($8.00) https://colourpop.com/product-category/cheeks/highlighters/
Let's talk Mascaras now-
1. Jordana Best Lash Extreme: This mascara SHOCKED me! It is a wet formula but, delivers such volume to your lashes its insane! It doesn't flake at all and has become one of my Holy Grail mascaras! ($2.99) Can be found in stores
2. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara: This is another of my Holy Grail Mascaras! I love the wand and the length it gives my lashes! I use it mostly for my bottom lashes as it actually gives me bottom lashes without making a muddy mess under my eyes! It comes in all different types and each type is just as amazing! ($9.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/6858/
3. Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara: This is a newer mascara to me but just as special! It gives you serious volume and length to your lashes! It truly looks like you have false lashes on when you do not! Its really dark and doesnt flake! Its just magic! ($4.99) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/10a00/
Now, when it comes to affordable eyeliner, pretty much any brand in the drug store will work so I tend not to do a list on those. Eye shadows are another problem for me when it comes to the drugstore or affordable stores. I think buying eye shadows from the drugstore is pointless because they do not have pigmentation nor do they last long at all. However, I do know a few that are amazing and I will link them below!
Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette: ($6.50 or less) http://go.magik.ly/r/nikisbubble/14500/
Morphe Eye Shadows: http://www.morphebrushes.com/
Make up Geek Eye Shadows: https://www.makeupgeek.com/
Belfiore Eyeshadows: http://www.belfiorecosmetics.com/
Cited Article: www.jenreviews.com/makeup-tips/
If you have any affordable products that are you favorites, leave me a comment and let me know! Share this with your friends! Helping anyone save money on makeup is the best thing! Check out my Beauty YouTube Channel for more affordable makeup deals and looks!
I'm a 31 yr old stay at home mother who loves anything beauty related. I'm down to earth and love making new friends! Come, stay a while and chat with me! Comments are SO welcome!