These awesome beauty hacks will definitely help if you run out of your normal products and need something in a jiffy. They also come in handy in general and can replace expensive beauty products!! Comment YOUR favorite household beauty hack! I'd love to hear them!
1. Use coconut oil to create a conditioning hair mask before you wash it or if you have dry or split ends
Pure coconut oil is rich in fatty acids and proteins so it will make your hair look shiny and hydrated. A little goes a long way so use it sparingly. When you use it for a mask, make sure to use a tea tree based shampoo to get all of the oil completely out of your hair.
2. Make your OWN salt spray with seltzer and a teaspoon of rock salt
If store bought sea sprays are getting too pricey or you can't find one that fits your needs, make your own!! Mix together 20 oz of seltzer and a teaspoon of sea salt in a spray bottle.
3. Spray starch can double as dry shampoo
Most dry shampoos contain starch, so if you run out of yours just use a can of starch to get the same effect. Hold the can 6-8 inches from your head and spray the oilier areas to make your hair look fresh again!
4. Use a dryer sheet to eliminate staticky hair
Anytime your hair is staticky grab a dryer sheet and rub it on your hair! Instant fix!
5. If you get a surface burn from hot hair tools, use plain yogurt to cool and soothe your skin
If you get a burn, immediately pat some plain yogurt over the burn and leave it on for ten minutes. Yogurt contains probiotics and will restore the skins natural barriers!
6. Wash your face with olive oil
The olive oil will act as a magnet to the natural oil on your skin and in your pores. It will draw it out and leave you with glowing and super clean skin!
7. Blot your face with a coffee filter
Blotting papers are made out of similar paper as coffee filters, so stash a couple in your purse when its hot out or you have run out of your blotting sheets and try it out! It reduces shine and soaks up oils.
8. Use cold green tea bags to decrease puffiness under your eyes
The quickest way to de-puffing and tightening your under eye skin is to apply a cold, caffeine based product. Leave it on your eyes for five or six minutes.
9. Use transparent tape as a guideline for the tail of your cat eye liner
If your having trouble with your cat eye try this hack! Use a two inch piece of transparent tape and place it in line with your brow. Then trace your upper lash line along the tape for a perfect line! You can also use the tape to pick up any fallout from applying glitter shadows!
10. Sprinkle baking soda on top of your whitening toothpaste to help remove surface stains
Baking soda can be effective when it comes to polishing your teeth because its a mild abrasive. That means it will not hurt the enamel of your teeth as long as it is rinsed away. It will get in the harder to reach grooves and remove stains from coffee and wine ect.
11. Draw a warm bath and sprinkle in one or two cups of oatmeal for dry, itchy skin
If you skin is feeling really dry and itchy or you have a sunburn, take an oatmeal bath. Oats contain fats that act as a lubricant. It will moisturize your skin. They also are made up of complex sugars which leave a gelatinous film in your bath water and on your skin which will help with dry itchy skin.
12. Lather your legs with conditioner if you run out of shaving cream
The purpose of shaving cream is to hydrate your skin and give you a nice cushion between your skin and the razor. So if you ever run out try lathering conditioner on your legs. It gives the same protection.
13. Make your own body scrub with body wash and raw brown sugar
Raw brown sugar can also be used as an excellent exfoliator. Take your favorite body wash and pour some raw brown sugar in the bottle. If its too harsh, mix in some honey or coconut oil.
14. Tame flyaways with hand lotion
Put a pea sized amount of lotion on your fingertips and gently rake them over your hair. It brushes unruly hairs back in place!
15. Moisturize with coconut oil
Its an easy and organic way to hydrate your skin. The fatty acids will make your skin feel instantly smoother!
16. Apply vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume to make the scent last longer
Vaseline is occlusive and will hold the fragrance on your skin longer. You can also use vaseline on your hair line before dying it and on your nails before a manicure to make for easy clean up after wards!
17. Use whitening toothpaste to lift any yellow stains off your nails
If your like most of us ladies, especially during the fall, you use a lot of dark nail polishes which can turn your nails a gross yellow. Use the whitening toothpaste because it contains hydrogen peroxide and it will left the yellow stains away!
18. Use toothpaste to polish silver jewlery
You can also use toothpaste to clean your silver jewelry! Use the tartar controlled kind as it works best because it contains the most hydrated silica. Brush the toothpaste over your jewelry a few times buffing the ring with a paper towel. Rinse off any remaining toothpaste with warm water.
19. After you're done flat ironing your hair, use the iron to knock wrinkles out of your clothing
If your feeling lazy and don't want to get out your clothe iron, use your flat iron. It will give you the same results! Use it just like a regular iron though, and follow basic instructions on what you can and can not use an iron on.
20. Tighten your skin temporarily with this coffee grind wrap
Mix one forth of a cup of warm coffee grounds and drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the grinds. Sit down on the edge of your tub or in the shower and put the grinds directly on your skin in the spots you want to treat. Then, wrap the areas in plastic wrap. Keep it on for about 12 minutes and remove the wrap and shower off with warm water. It will tighten the area but only for a few hours.
I'm a 30 yr old stay at home mother who loves anything beauty related. I'm down to earth and love making new friends! Come, stay a while and chat with me! Comments are SO welcome!